Support Racial Equity
Since the sunset of the Ferguson Commission on December 31st, 2015, Forward Through Ferguson has served as the region’s transition and action team keeping the report, its 189 calls to action and a St. Louis vision for Racial Equity from gathering dust. We celebrate our wins while dreaming of and working towards a future where anti-racist systems change is no longer urgent and necessary—because Justice For All, Youth at the Center, and the Opportunity to Thrive are a reality.
Will you make a tax-deductible donation
to help sustain us on the path toward Racial Equity?
In 2021, your support has made it possible for us to:
- Invest over half a million dollars into Black- and Brown-led initiatives through the Racial Healing + Justice Fund, which is designed and governed by a Community Governance Board made up of residents who are directly affected by systemic racism;
- Engage over 1,000 educators, families, and residents in working toward educational equity;
- Build racial equity capacity and skill among over 200 leaders through our #STL2039 and Systems Change Primer workshops, as well as our Racial Equity Roundtable;
- Reach over 25,000 residents in two of the largest collaborative and racial equity-focused mayoral forums;
- And advocate with the Defund. Re-envision. Transform. coalition that got over four million dollars reallocated from police into housing, health, and other holistic public safety efforts;
- And more!
Join Our Giving Community
To join our giving community as a recurring donor, please visit this page. Your support allows us to continue radical collaboration and action with organizations, institutions, nonprofits, initiatives, and policymakers to move the region forward toward equitable, generational, systems-level change.
As we enter the final year of our #STL2039 Action Plan, we are excited to share some of our 2022 initiatives:
- Launching #Transforming911, a community accountability and advocacy tool that examines the 911 landscape in the St. Louis region and serves as a call to reimagine public safety away from arrests and incarceration.
- Advocating for a 2 year First Responder Alternative Pilot program in St. Louis County.
- Releasing State Of St. Louis 2021:Opportunity To Thrive, a community accountability tool that will track movement on the Ferguson Commission’s calls to action on economic opportunity, including access to healthcare, employment, financial empowerment, housing, and transportation.
- Expand our Racial Equity transformation and capacity building offerings with new transformation tools, leadership development opportunities and institutional interventions.
For monthly updates about our systems change work, please subscribe to our newsletter.
Giving by Check
Please mail your check to:
Forward Through Ferguson
20 S Sarah St
St. Louis, MO 63108